Okay, so Friday I opened the box of roving and stuff and started making it ready to dye.
Yesterday I dyed most of the superwash roving, just to see what would happen.
This is most of it, which were dyed in my normal method: laid out on the workspace and dye applied, then wrapped and steamed:
There are four off on the right that were sun-dyed; I used two jugs, into which were first filled part way with hot pink and lilac, then two rovings were gently lowered into them, and each was then filled to the top with brilliant yellow. I’m not entirely thrilled with how they turned out, since clearly some of them were pressed to firmly against the edge of the jug and didn’t get circulation. Also, a couple of them were dyed in-the-braid. Yeah, lesson learned. But then, when it is spun the gradience could be a positive thing, so I don’t know…. <*sigh*>
And here’s a couple of my more interesting (in my opinion).
This one is sort of a Clown Barf combination, but when the spinner is at liberty to pull tufts from throughout to create an amazingly gradient yarn.
And this one thrills me, almost to the point I would learn to spin just so I could see how this comes up as a yarn. Almost.
And I”m not even sure I ‘braided’ them the way most folks do — I just did basically a finger-crochet chain, very very loosely.