Yesterday I showed the coned dyeing experiment. I realized this morning that the innermost core was not drying, so I decided to put it on the skein-winder and hang out to dry like other yarns.
I was happy to see that mid-way through, the colors were still apparent…..
and even when it got into the innermost portion, there was still color — pale blue but there was still dye and no visibly undyed portions, so I’m glad it worked out….
And once it was up on the skein-winder I tied it off, with special tags to indicate which end was from the center and which end was from the outer layers and more saturated. It is all in one giant hank now, drying outside so it gets plenty of breeezy fresh air.