Well, I should have remembered. But I didn’t!
Now that the Turmultiquoise LE are out of the way (except a couple left to dry and ship), I went back to a bundle of them — All are Primo Lace (80/20 Merino/Tussah Silk, 1000 yards apiece), and all were badly dyed in the same way because I screwed up the recipe and had to do them over. So I took the four of them and decided to overdye them all the same way, in a pot of Sapphire Blue.
And, for the most part, they all came out pretty much as expected, and all pretty much the same way. ….. except …
(All Gone Now!)
I had forgotten WHY I stopped doing kettle-dye yarns. No matter how loosely I tie the bindings, no matter how much dye I use, or how much water I have in the pot, it never fails — the places where I had the yarns tied to keep them in order simply don’t take up the dye as readily as the other parts. So all four of these have these little blips:
They will definitely show up in your knitting. I’m not going to try for a third dye process, but I will let them go as-is (but with a label of course). Normally Primo Lace is $29.00, but these four can be had for $25.00 apiece, plus s/h. Just email me, and tell me how many “Sapphire Primo” you want —
there are just four TWO available, so it’s definitely first-come, first served. All Gone!
And now I am going to figure out a way to leverage this kettle dyeing problem into a different technique, using those blippy parts to my advantage! 🙂