Well, not entirely new, just new-to-me.
Dez and Lisa are working on a project, and I was enlisted to work up the lining for it. Dez asked me to use a dye technique I’ve never done before, so I’ve been looking up ways to do it before committing myself to their project.
This is what I started with, a plain white t-shirt.
I used an old, used t-shirt for this first experiment. Now that I’ve seen further options, I may use up some of my other t-shirts to experiment.
There are LOADS of t-shirt dyers on Etsy already, and I don’t think this is something I would enjoy doing on a large scale or on a regular basis, but if you think you would like a one-of-a-kind t-shirt similar to this, let me know — reader opinions guide a lot of my decisions!