Okay, I’ve made some progress on the blanket that I showed yesterday.
Today, I brought out the double-wide Bond USM (Ultimate Sweater Machine), dusted it off,and brought out all the weights and tools.
And then I laid out the hand-knitted bottom border section on the machine. Looks like it isn’t wide enough for the carriage, but ….
It does fit! After I got all the stitches mounted onto all the designated needles, all stitches are accounted for, all needles are accounted for, and no extra stitches or needles. Woo-hooo!
There’s a roll of artist tape just right of the carriage. That’s what I will lay down on the needle bed, just in front of the carriage rail (green and red), so I can mark up where I need to manipulate some stitches — similar to having stitch markers riding along on the hand-knitting needle. Once that is done, I can get into the flow of actually making it happen.