Okay, so as of this afternoon, I am about the turn the next corner. I have very little left on this ball of red, so I’m going to change yarns now and save that little bit. Seems easier to do …Continue reading →
I’m not sure why, but I was procrastinating about executing this latest corner. I sat on it for 2 or 3 days, but I finally cranked up the courage to do it. I think I did make a mistake anyway, …Continue reading →
So, I’m working along on this blanket, worky-worky-worky, and then pause to look how far I’ve worked today. And I see this:
Properly done, the front-facing row is: Slip 1, Knit 18, slip the last stitch, pick up a stitch from the edge (the red edge), then pass the slipped stitch over. That’s how you can join by picking up stitches and still keep the stitch count. But that one stitch is OBviously not snugged down enough.
Part of me knows that once the blanket is finished, this spot won’t matter, and the other edges will even themselves out. And you and I both know that this would easily pass the Flying Horse test — anyone flying by on a racing horse would not notice it at all.
I could either rip back to that point, or I could manipulate the slack to spread it out over the row. I’m just going to leave it as it is for now and just keep going. Mostly I’m just annoyed that I lost some tension at that point causing the loop to be larger/looser than its neighbors. And nobody likes loose neighbors, right?
Okay, so I’ve not gotten a whole lot done in the last few days, but I did work on it today. I can see little places I’m not happy with, but I suspect as I get further along it will all be just fine. My biggest concern right now is that I don’t have enough of the gray ball to reach to where the gray started. I do have plenty more gray, but I was hoping one ball would go all the way around. I also have plenty of red, as well as some other colors, so it’s not like I’ll run out. I just might not be able to pursue the color scheme I had originally planned.
This is as far as I got when I put it away last night. About halfway along the top gray edge is a small bobby pin (you can see it pointing up-and-right) that I inserted when I started yesterday. So I managed to do several inches along that side. I’m not thrilled with how the double corner at the right turned out, but i’m not going to go back and ‘fix’ it. It is what it is. I’m also not entirely thrilled with the joining method I’m using, but it still looks better than following the instructions in the pattern.